Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tool or Tool users

I believe that while we use tools in our everyday life I would consider us to be tools. We learn different things throughout our lives that I would consider to be useful tools. For example, when someone learns the different ways to tie knots they acquire that skill and most likely won't forget that skill. Humans can learn to do many different things which they hold onto for life. I feel like their knowledge of how to do things are the tools that they have. The more knowledge gained means the more tools for them to access. Physical tools do come in handy but I feel like the tools that humans acquire within themselves have more of an impact. A human who receives many different sources of information can be compared to a human swiss army knife because of how their skills and tools can vary.

1 comment:

  1. I said the same concept in my blog post. We are tools and tool users. Learning how to tie a knot is a learned tool that we use on a daily basis. What we learn is ultimately a tool, maybe not used for all settings, but used at some point to be valuable and helpful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, you opened my mind to what different tools are.

    Emily Powers

    ReplyDelete