Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Music shuffle

Got To Give It Up- Marvin Gaye
I first heard this song on the Charlie's Angels movie that came out back in the early 2000's. There was just something about it that made me want to listen to it over and over again. I've always loved the classics because of how different the sound is compared to the music we have now a days. This song always makes me want to start dancing but I'm usually in public when it comes on so that rarely happens lol.

Adventures In Your Own Backyard- Patrick Watson
I found out about this song through a skateboarding video I stumbled upon through YouTube and it just caught my attention because of how unique it sounded. The song overall just has a really chill/relaxing sound to it which is usually how I feel in my everyday life. I am a very easy going person. I always have this feeling that everything is going to work itself out in the end so I don't get flustered or overwhelmed very easily.

A Tale of 2 Cities- J Cole
I have a very diverse selection in music so mixed in with these classic and modern day rock songs I also listen to a lot of hip hop. This song is not as soft or fun sounding as the previous two but I feel like this represents the side of my personality that is displayed when I need to be serious. Whenever I get tired of classes songs like this one remind me that a lot of people from back home don't have it as good as me and that I need to keep working no matter how much I don't want to.

Long Cool Woman- The Hollies
Another classic. I first heard this song on Remember the Titans and it became an instant favorite. The songs from back then were about things completely different than what is usually sung about now a days. This song makes me feel like I need to grow a fierce mustache and rock some aviator sunglasses lol.

Real Thing- A$AP Ferg
This is another rap song but it sounds like something that would be played at a prom in the 80's because of the electric drums. I like this song because it's catchy and has the sound of a different decade even though it came out only a few weeks ago. Another song that makes me want to break out the embarrassing dance moves but once again, I contain myself....usually lol.

These five songs definitely reflect the diversity of my personality. There is a mix of modern day music and some classics. There is just something about the sound of music from back then that I find enjoyable. I would almost consider myself to be an "old soul." I also noticed how a lot of these make me want to act goofy or remind me of something that makes me laugh. This is a large part of my personality too because I am usually making my friends laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment