Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Political stance

When it comes to politics I'm usually successful at avoiding the conversation all together. I am not a big fan on discussing politics because in my opinion it's just boring. I understand that I should care about what's going on in our government but at the same time I also think that no matter how I feel things are going to be out of my control. I may disagree with something like increasing taxes but I just accept it and move on because my disagreement won't have a large enough impact to actually do anything. When it comes to voting I don't participate for the same reasons that I don't get involved in politics. My one vote, in my opinion anyway, won't make any difference. Unless I see an election come down to one single vote that decides the winner then I am most likely never going to vote. I just go with the flow when it comes to politics and life as well. In every election there are both good and bad ideas presented by both parties but in the end whoever gets elected usually ends up doing something to piss off the public anyway so it's really like choosing the lesser of two evils. Regardless of who wins the election or who I voted for I will still have to obey any new changes implemented so I feel like I might as well just live my life and adapt as it goes along.

3 comments:

  1. What would you say to people who believe that it is your duty as an American citizen to vote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would honestly have to use the same argument as before. My one individual vote won't sway the momentum. I understand it's a right and privilege to be able to elect the leader of our country but at the same time my one opinion is lost in a sea of opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree with your point of voting and how does my one vote matter? I think that the right to vote is important, but it doesn't make a single individual feel important unless we wanted that person to win. It's hard to feel powerful when your vote isn't all that powerful. Look at Texas, normally it votes as Republican. If there was a hardcore Democratic family who all voted, I can see how they could feel "lost in a sea of opinions". Nice post, thanks for letting me comment.

    ReplyDelete