Monday, January 19, 2015

About me

My name is Brian Buckle. I'm 23 years old and I am an only child from Mansfield, Texas. It's located in the DFW area about five hours East of here. I am currently a senior here at Texas Tech. I am majoring in both English and Psychology with a minor in Secondary Education as well as a minor in Spanish. I feel that having the ability to speak Spanish will create many opportunities for me in the Education system. I have one semester left before I begin my student teaching so I am excited about that.

I enjoy watching, playing, and discussing sports with friends. I have a large interest in football and I hope to be able to coach it at the high school or junior high level. I want to make an impact with kids through sports but I also want to make an impact through the classroom. I feel that teachers have a huge influence on the kids of today and I want to be able to help set students on the correct paths for them to succeed in life. I also want to be able to emphasize to athletes that their grades are just as important as their athletic ability. I personally know plenty of athletes who could have gone on to play at the collegiate level but their grades were not up to par and they ended up just working a manual labor job. I hate to see talent wasted so I am hoping that I will be able to help change that.


No comments:

Post a Comment